Thursday, August 28, 2008

(heavy duty elastic) Strings Attached!


My apron strings must be interwoven w/ the heartstrings attached to Playmaker's "wings" ... b/c as I loosened them so much yesterday when I sent her off to her first day of high school, my heartstrings tugged so hard my eyes watered!! - They must be made of heavy duty elastic too...b/c about the time I could hardly stand it anymore, she came (re)bounding back close to my heart (relief!). After listening carefully to aaaallll she had to share, I'm encouraged & a bit more confident than I already was - based on some of the choices she's already made & actions she's already taken - that she'll be both blessed and a blessing as she stretches her wings - which made loosening the apron strings again today a bit less painful. ... Just hoping my waistband isn't somehow connected to all those strings too!!

No comments: