Friday, July 9, 2010

Life is short. Eat dessert ...for dinner!


Anyone watching the news knows we've been enduring an intense heatwave here in New England ... the kind where people get rather creative in how they attempt to keep cool (or at least comfortable!). I went to extreme measures & served icecream for dinner! No lie - & no regrets :) I enjoyed surprising the family by serving this refreshing treat that I remember well from my own childhood.


1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

5 comments:

Bunny Wilson said...

I want to eat at your house!!!

MYstory of HIStory said...

And I would LOVE to have you for dinner & actually get to meet you face to face & get to know you better :)

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

YUM! So clever! We have half a watermelon I am now tempted to fill up with ice cream!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Yes! Fresh fruit and ice cream is a perfect supper on a day like today :)

Randi Sue said...

The other day at 11 am, the radio said that it was 98 in the northeast. It was only 89 here at the same time. that was weird. Now it is back to 98 at 11 here. Lyla is in the house all day now.