Saturday, July 3, 2010

I wish they'd make a miniseries of this ....


We watched it last night - & I wasn't nearly ready for it to end when it did! - & I'd like to know more about the beginning of her (& Edward's!) story as well. I can easily be captivated by a story when I can really relate to a character, as I was able to do w/ Queen Victoria to a certain degree . We seem to share a similar character flaw - that being that all too often stubbornness is mistaken for strength - tho' to her credit, she took it to heart when a good friend/mentor eventually pointed this out to her. And from already looking into her story a bit more on my own, I sense that much of the wisdom she gained over time was learned the hard way --from mistakes (apparently some terrible ones) she'd made as she struggled to become who she was destined to be.

Oh - & I'd be remiss if I neglected to mention that the costuming was STUNNING! :)

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Proverbs 11:2

1 comment:

Bunny Wilson said...

I rented this from Netflix and loved loved loved it!!