Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's your story statement? (TROMS Pt 12)


A Story Statement is a lot like a Mission Statement. I like the word "story" because it implies creativity and freedom as well as reminding me that God is the Author.

- Think back on everything we've covered: Strengths, Skills, WWW. Then create a sentence with this structure...

To bring + (what) + (who) + (how)

- How we live this statement will change many times during our story.

via:


Assignment: Write a one sentence rough draft of your life story statement.


I found this to be among the most challenging questions/assignments so far. - & Holley said to spend less than 5 minutes on it! It's just .... I wanna do so much w/ the time I have left & the very nature of the assignment seems so specific/limiting/confining. Hmmm. Maybe I'm just a bit claustrophic. Anyhow .... I decided to go ahead & do the assignment but to keep it very general so as to keep my options open! :) Here goes:


To consistently & creatively use my strengths & skills
to share the love of Christ in personal & practical (meaningful!) ways.


Well now - that wasn't so hard. Now that I've done it ... I'm glad I did - tho' I'm too embarrassed to tell you how much time & thought I put into it. If this were a timed test, I'd have failed miserably ... but hopefully the final exam won't be so tough bc I really like this statement & am hoping that my "rough draft" will suffice as my final answer too.

No comments: