Monday, March 5, 2012

hugo


*
**

 I
 always 
believed that 
the world is a machine.
 All of us were made for a purpose.




Maybe that's why a broken machine always makes me a little sad,
 because it isn't able to do what it was meant to do... 
Maybe it's the same with people. 
If you lose your purpose... 
it's like you're 
broken.

**
*


These quotes from Hugo remind me of Someone I know:


The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18



 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3 

&

they also remind me of my husband/dearest friend. He's a fixer too. He can fix most anything that's broken.   I don't know how he does it but he's so good at it that he does it for a living - and I hafta believe it is what he was made to do. He's my Hugo.  And - when he's on the opposite side of the planet than I'm on, as he is now, and my toaster is broken, as it is now, ... well - I just add that to the looong list of reasons why I miss him - that's getting longer the longer he's away. 



1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Sweet. It's a talent I wish I had but.... In any case my spouse has several good back up in town. However, it all adds up by the hourly rate. :(