Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19 SWDB




Please join in with us over at....

It's a fun way to journal once a day, once a week - or once a month....whenever!

TODAY, 

Outside my window...It is SO cold - but no snow.



I'm hearing - Playmaker playing the piano. 

I am thankful...for hot water, hot coffee, & heat 

I am looking forward to... having Strike's girlfriends over for a Christmas Party after school later this week.

I'm hoping... for a white Christmas. 

I am reading... this book around the dinner table with our family. 



I'm pondering...  a chapter in the book above that talks about the manger. A few things that struck & stuck .... Luke mentions the manger three times in a just a few verses. The manger points to Jesus' humble birth - but the author of "The Journey" believes Luke mentioned the manger three times to communicate the image of Jesus' first bed being the place where God's creatures come to eat. He explains that Jesus was born in Bethlehem (a town that means "House of Bread) & that John would later describe Jesus multiplying the loaves of bread and saying , "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry" (John 6:35). The author notes that Jesus was speaking of a spiritual sustenance the world would receive from Him and reminds readers that Matthew, Mark and Luke record Jesus taking bread at the Last Supper and saying, "This is my body, which is given for you." (See Luke 22:19) - And there's more....but, if you want to know - well, you'll just hafta read the book! :) 


I'm thinking...What a great idea (not sure who thought of it) it was to give a blind friend from church, who is moving away, a comforter from our congregation ...so that every time she wraps it around her she will feel the warmth of her church family here who loves her. 

One of my favorite things...







3 comments:

Bunny Wilson said...

Such a sweet tender post, so warm and dear. I pray you and your family have a very blessed Christmas, my online blogger friend!

PS - I adore those cute little round coke bottles. I purchased some to give out to my Bible Study kids who complete their daily readings each week. So cute!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hi Bunny! Thank you!

That's so funny ... I gave those coke bottles to the kids who help us set up for our coffee/fellowship time after church on Sunday mornings too :) I guess it's true - that great minds think alike :) LOL!

Pat said...

Enjoy these posts on your daily life...interesting insight on the manger and the Bread of Life...I like it! Many blessings to you.