Friday, June 10, 2011

That's MY Girl! :)

  

Some people wonder why I refer to our youngest daughter as "Strike" here on my blog. The reason is that long ago she found her niche as a softball pitcher - so we love to hear the umpire bellow "steeriiiiike!" when she's on the mound. The more he yells it the better as far as we're concerned (tho' admittedly it's a much different story when she's up to bat! ;) 





Strike is in 8th grade 
but had the privilege of playing for her school's high school team this year 
and enjoyed the honor of being voted in by her teammates as Co-Captain. 






She played softball about as hard as it can be played 



and had about as much FUN as one can possibly have ;)




and in the end...



when all was said and done



the coaches presented her with one of three awards she could have potentially received at the awards banquet -  that being...


The Integrity Award

- and when I stop to think about what that implies ...



in·teg·ri·ty

  /ɪnˈtɛgti/  Show Spelled
–noun
1.
adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness ofmoral character; honesty.
2.
the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.
3.
a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of aship's hull.



Well, what can I say?! - except for

 "That's MY girl!!! And I'm SO proud of her  :)

***

 I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity.



1 comment:

warriormom said...

Wow! Proud and prouder. I like the integrity award. Congrats to Strike!