Monday, July 7, 2008

The Longsjo, continued....





Spokes did awesome in his first Longsjo ever. Yesterday he dodged a few crashes in the downtown circuit. It was exciting to see him & his teammate working well together. Hubby, Playmaker & I ran around watching from various angles, cheering, video taping, taking pics...& praying!! So grateful he was safe in the end. May edit this post later/try to add stats but overall he finished 47 out of one-hundred twenty something. I admire his perseverance....& faithful year round training . Tried to get some shots from different angles ...the ski lift pic is family & friends taking the easy way to the summit on Day 2 to watch him finish. I like the pic w/ the row of parked bicycles & the race behind...it's a cool shot & I hope to make a poster of it....as I managed to capture Spokes AND his teammate in it...but you have to look close....it's kinda like a "Where's Waldo?!" :)


Ecclesiastes 9:11 I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

No comments: