Thursday, July 10, 2008

Extreme Makeover

We tackled Playmaker's bedroom makeover much like they do on TV....the extreme way!....Most EVERYTHING came out! Yikes!! Unfortunately I think she was hoping to have it all done "instantly"/the TV way too!...Doesn't she realize they're working during the commercial breaks!? :)

We're transforming a sweet little girl room w/picket fence & flowers into a more modern/contemporary - but still feminine - design (new colors: lt blue, white & black). An indication my little girl is growing up. Insert a mix of :) :( tears here...

This project is such that one can really practice & prove the concept - so foreign in our "instant gratification" society(!) - that hard work, patience, preparation (incl a well thought out plan) & attention to detail reap the satisfying reward of a job well done - & having done it yourself! It also offers lots of "illustrations" to confirm that "haste makes waste". We've proved both! All of this is right in line w/ the "Simplify Mode" I'm in. It must be contagious b/c Playmaker has caught it too! Hooray!!

Once I start a major project like this, I'm "driven"! /don't want to stop til I'm done! - So you can imagine Playmaker's relief when it was finally time for me to go to work last evening ... b/c that meant she got a break .

We're on Day 3 - I think?!- Painting/moving moving furniture is done! Whew! The smile on Playmaker's face at the end of the day as she saw our hard work "pay off" was a sweet reward & motivation to press on :) Today's goal is to go thru' "it all" & determine its status: "give away", "throw away", "keep/put away" neatly! ... Theoretically w/ three "stuff categories", we should end up w/ only on-third of the stuff to put away...right?! Hmmm - not sure we'll prove that one....unless I do it all while she's asleep! :)

Stay tuned for a pic once there's a place for everything & everything is in it's place :)

1 comment:

mom24boys said...

I recently did J's room with a hockey theme and love it. It is so much fun to do the makeover thing and declutter! I'm interested in hearing more on your whole 'simplify mode'. I am an organizer type person and ready to find ways to convince myself to part with some old things.