Monday, July 7, 2008

Camp!

"Strike" went off to summer camp (for a week!) yesterday w/ a friend - her first time ever! She was sooooo excited!! A friend packed her a cute tote loaded w/ snacks/ stationery..... so cute! clever! thoughtful! We're able to e-mail her but she can't reply. We can send snail mail & she can too. I tucked in some surprises in her suitcase ....a photo page of family pics w/ comments from us - told her she could tape it by her bunk. Her Sissy slipped in a note. I'm planning to send notes from home "written by" her bunny & our two dogs.

Strike's a quirky kid...& it's been neat to see her grow out of some of her anxieties that might have kept her from such an exciting adventure in the past....ie. I've not sent her to other camps before b/c she was sooo afraid to go the Dr. to have the required physical! Not this time!! She's growing up! ... but she's still my baby....as evidenced by the fact that she made certain she brought her nigh nigh (blanky) ... & slept w/ her sissy's the night before she left....I think to make sure she didn't forget to pack hers! :) I'm already anxious to pick her up....& hear her stories all the way home :)

1 comment:

mom24boys said...

I cannot wait to hear about her week. I never would realize some of what you shared; she seems such a friendly and outgoing kid. I'm very happy for her too and she isn't even mine! What a great experience and opportunity.