Thursday, September 22, 2011

i'm learning to speak a foreign (relatively speaking) language



edited

 I am learning to speak a foreign (relatively speaking) language.  

It's called


Eucharisteo.


You don't hear it spoken much in our day and age where 


"Entitlement" is the native tongue


which I find hard to understand.


 In Eucharisteo 


there is only one word you need to know:

Thank You 


("You" is capitalized - and for good reason)

That's it!
 

Just. one. word.



But  - it is important to note three things:


One 


 While only one word is necessary in order to speak Eucharisteo 


 that word is 


entwined 


like a strand of three cords


with 


Grace and Joy.


Charis. Grace
Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving 
Chara. Joy
(via)


as if to 


commune-icate 


that it is 


impossible


 to have one without the other. 


Two


Eucharisteo is a means of


commune-icating with God.


For some


 this aspect of the language may be intimidating at first.


Three


*
***
Rejoice 
always; 
pray 
without 
ceasing; 
in everything give thanks; 
for this
 is God's will
 for you
 in 
Christ 
Jesus.
I Thessalonians
 5:16-18 
emphasis
added


***
*


Mastery.

 This is the hard part

and it might very well require

an entire lifetime of

 practice.


26 While they were eating,
 Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks,
 he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
 27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,
“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”



*
***
*


  I just read... 
click the pic


It was an oh so timely read for me 
and it served as my inspiration
 to attept to learn to "speak Eucharisteo" fluently.
I wish I could give everyone who reads this post their very own copy
 but please accept my recommendation to read
One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp
  as my gift to you.
If you open it soon
you very well may enjoy 
your most joy-full 
Thanksgiving 
ever
*



No comments: