Thursday, October 22, 2009

ROY-G-BIV

Edit: Some of these pics are mine & some were taken by my friend "M" ... We pooled most of our pics together & would you believe we ended up w/ around 400 after a week of touring New England!?

13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Genesis 9:13-15


ROY-G-BIV ... is an acronym I learned to remember the order & colors of the rainbow.

As I was busy playing both tour guide and tourist this past week,
I compiled a collection of color from around New England.

Autumn's array is a splendid(!)
spectrum this time of year.

Enjoy.


Red

Orange


Yellow

Green


Blue


Indigo

Violet



Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
Ezekial 1:28


4 comments:

mom24boys said...

You inspired me...........lovely pictures; great idea. I think I'd like to take a color tour this weekend if the weather is nice.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Thanks Mom24... I only wish I had tho't of it at the beginning of our "tour" as opposed to after it was over...but I managed to make it work w/ the pics I had. I do hope you'll post your compilation of color that you collect :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What beautiful photos! It looks like you had a great time!
I agree with mom24boys - a color tour is a great idea.

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

oooh i love it!