Monday, September 8, 2008

Creative Memories ... an heirloom of the heart

Edited this post after realizing it certainly didn't flow like the river in the pics :)



Hopefully my children are collecting memories we're making & tucking them away in their own sweet hearts & minds, but there's something about pictures that cause memories to come rushing back after time passes - in much the same powerful way the water in this river was rushing yesterday...







I'm not very creative when it comes to making crafty things - but since we've been really trying to make Sundays so much more of what God intended, they've become, for me/us, times to make more of what I enjoy making most.... memories & friends! -- & some of the very best of them have been made ... on Sundays :) Perhaps one day I'll collect pictures of many of them "all together in one place" - in a photo album labeled "Sundays" to give to my children as an heirloom from my heart...a collection of creative memories made
together (key word here) as we explored God's incredibly creative(!) creation...that whispers & shouts "relationship" everywhere you look & listen.... & that provides us with so many amazing places to really enjoy getting to know Him & each other better. Can't think of any place in the entire world I'd have rather spent yesterday -- or any heirloom I'd rather leave my children..than creative memories collected "this way".

Note: Visited this beautiful corner of God's creation yesterday (Sun) after a huge rain storm. So timely - as a river & kayaking were used as an illustration in the sermon we heard at church.... In a river, you don't get out where you get in as in a lake ... & in the process of moving along (making progress) so many opportunities present themselves to improve our skills ...(my note: so much like life!) -- & how a healthy church should provide similar opportunities to grow in Christ & encourage others to do the same in the areas of evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship & service.


1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

Relationships are the heartbeat of God and it is so neat that you and your familily have chosen to celebrate.