Monday, August 16, 2010

Treasure



Who knew the white cardboard box we received totally by surprise & out of the blue  recently was actually a treasure chest incognito?!! Usually one has to search for treasure - but this came right to our door -- via priority mail, no less!

The treasure within? ... Memories!! It was packed FuLL to OvErFloWinG with memories!  :) 

My husband's brother & his wife sent us a fantastic photo album full of family pics from years gone by and all the way up until the recent event that brought his whole immediate family all together in one place for the first time in over 20 years(!)....their son's wedding.

My husband's family history is .... well.....complicated. I've heard his story a number of times but I don't think I could ever retell it accurately.  I won't go into detail - but just to give you an idea - he attended something like thirteen different schools as a kid because his family moved around so much.

I'm hoping that now, with all these great pics together in one place, I can convince my husband to write out his story using his words to bind the pictures in the book together with other parts of his story  to give our children a much better understanding of the who, what, when & where that has led up to here & now  - ie "the big picture" - that now includes them. :) 

No comments: