Monday, March 8, 2010

This & That

We enjoyed a beautiful weekend of sunshine! Just felt so good to see it & to be out in it & to soak some up. Quite a bit of snow melted in temps that hovered around 50 degrees yesterday and revealed hints of how much yardwork we have in store for us in the near future!

My husband & I walked over to our friends house yesterday to help him celebrate a belated 90th birthday. It was neat to see so many others there. What a blessing it must be to be 90 years old - have a doting/loving wife & to be out & about enjoying life - to still have a sound mind & a sense of humor.

My husband began the process of cleaning out the storage room. No small task - but when we were walking around the neighborhood the other night someone had nice quality white cabinets in their trash by the side of the road so we adopted them. They're installed now - & will go a long way in helping us to get things organized.

Last week after play practice I mistakenly left a pair of lizards on the edge of the choir loft - which is soon to be converted into Noah's Ark. At some point our pastor found them & was inspired with the idea to keep adding a few more animals each week leading up to the play. Needless to say, it was fun to see some new faces in church yesterday :)

While shopping for some things for the Arkeology (Noah's Ark) play I learned that pajamas make great costumes! I found leopard & zebra pjs at a discount store ... & even a pair that look kinda like snake skin & might just work for our lizard. The lizard costume has by far been the most challenging.

I could ramble on - but I'll stop here. Monday kinda snuck up on me & I need to get ahead of my day instead of letting it get ahead of me ... especially since it involves a play rehearsal w/ sixteen lively lads & lasses :)

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

I just love the sun! So glad he came and visited you this weekend. He was here for Saturday and then left. I'm hoping he'll visit me today. I can't wait to see how your play turns out. Keep us posted!

Yiota said...

It drizzles here and it's extremely cold and there was snow and fog when I went to work this morning (I work a 40-minute-drive away from the city).
Sooooo, you've been very busy I see. The play sounds like a lot of fun!
I always read your posts but don't always have the time to say 'hello'.
Take Care!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I love how you "adopted" the cabinets! How clever!
Sounds like you've been having a great time. Isn't it nice to be heading into Spring?!

Susan said...

Yeah for free cabinetry!

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

I love this time of year! So much cleaning out, organizing, transitioning into a lighter, carefree time!

That's hilarious about the lizards. How odd. A church full of lizards? All creatures great and small...

MYstory of HIStory said...

Hey Lupine ... I should have clarified I guess. We weren't adding more lizards...just more animals in general - as if they were gathering at ark already (the play is in two weeks :)

I've heard of people doing a similar thing w/ Nativity scenes...where they place Mary & Joseph somewhere far from the manger and move them closer & closer as it gets closer to Christmas...

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

MyStory I am laughing SO hard! I was so confused! I thought you meant your preacher decided he should add TWO LIZARDS each week and let them live in the church. I thought, "Well, it really is a come one, come all kind of church!"

Ahhh, that gave me a good hearty laugh!

MYstory of HIStory said...

That's too funny. I can see why you read it that way tho'! I fixed my error :)