Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chivalry Lives!

Edit: Realized I probably shouldn't have posted "his" pic w/o permission....so I took "those" pics off and replaced it /w "her" pic instead :)


Our little girl is growing up! Playmaker went to her first dance Saturday. She's not allowed to date & just went as friends w/ the boy who asked her to his school's homecoming. We were both a little nervous ...but I have to say,
I was pleased with her "first dance" experience. Her "date" (only for lack of a better word :) showed up right on time (His mom as their chaueffer) & he was such a gentleman - So polite! So respectful! So handsome.... and -- w/ a dozen beautiful(!) white roses w/ pink edges in hand - that I later learned they searched high & low for! He was patient as we took some pics & polite as I made sure he knew how much I was trusting him... He opened the car door for her - His mom thanked me for trusting her son & gave me her cell phone number. He knew very well she'd never been to a school dance before (prior to this I believe her Daddy & her Grampa were the only men she's ever danced w/) & he was very considerate of that. We had a house full of friends over that evening - so....poor kids :) ....when they returned home and walked up to the door -- the light was on, the shade was up .....and --- there was a lineup of four - yes four(!) moms - as opposed to just her own mom - anxiously watching & waiting on the other side of the door/window to welcome them home! -- Guess you had to be there...but it was funny.... & I was grateful my friends were there to lighten the moment w/ some humor just then :)

Did I mention how
beautiful she looked? - or how pleased I was w/ how she handled herself - or how proud I am of her -- & how grateful I was for such a really nice "first dance" for her to really get dressed up - & experience what it's like ... and should be like .... to be treated like nothing less than the beautiful young lady she is?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh she IS beautiful. How fun and scary for you at the same time.
Susan

Rebeca said...

Wow! I'm glad her first dance turned out to be a good experience! My husband and I just started a ballroom dance class last night. Your daughter looks lovely!