Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Peak" -a- boo!

Ventured to New Hampshire & Vermont today to partake in some peak peeping.


There's bears in them there hills!...



Spied the top of the world


and hiked to it!




I don't believe I've seen the American flag standing tall & proud
in the midst of a cornfield before.


A routine rest stop morphed into a memorable moment :)




And look who drove the rest of the way home!



Just a really restful day. My oldest daughter mentioned how, given the sheer beauty of some of what we saw, she sensed that God enjoyed making it all....& I got the sense that He made it for us to enjoy :) She also mentioned something to the effect of how she feels closer to God out in nature than she does in a church - and I thought to myself .... she is her mother's daughter :)

2 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Agreed! Church may be made to "visit" with God, but being out in Nature is like being on his "playground".

You picked the right day to go for a ride. It certainly has turned cold and wet!

Courtney at SL's No Ennui said...

Oh, I AGREE! I love sunrise service on Easter at my parents' church. They have it in the churchyard overlooking a field where horses graze, watching the sun come up. And when we lived in Florida, they held it on the beach, watching the sun rise of the ocean. Best of both worlds-- church and nature.