Saturday, May 7, 2011

spring has sprung

Just posting some spring pics from around our house. The colors have been such a feast for the eyes after the loooong white winter. 


11 See! The winter is past;
   the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
   the season of singing has come, ...





Oliver Twix  



Any day now these buds packed w/ pink potential are gonna pop!

Peek-a-boo!


Today I planted some habenero peppers, tomatoes & a table top herb garden -- basil, cilantro & garlic chives. .  It's a bit early to be planting things outdoors so we'll have to watch the weather closely for late spring frost warnings.

    

Yummm! ...



My big girls still like to play with bubbles :) 




2 comments:

Mug said...

Oh my! These are WONDERFUL photos, MyStory! I love them all! I was going to try and choose a favorite, but I can't....I love them all for different reasons. It's like perusing a Hallmark book!

I will comment on the Grill and chicken leg quarter (with sausage) photos, however, because those would definitely be Hubby's favorites. He uses the same hardwood chips (at least the bags are very similar)and always "throws" some sausage on the grill, too...His motto: "as long as he's got the grill going, why not?!:-)"....
I do want to know, though, what the seasoning was on the chicken, pray tell?

MYstory of HIStory said...

Good Morning, Mug! So glad you enjoyed the pics. Now that spring has sprung I just wanna be outside & I've not been making/taking much time to write.

That's so funny...your hubby and mine pretty much seem to have the same philosophy when it comes to smoking .... might as well put that grill space & smoke to good use!

I will have to ask my husband what he used for seasoning. Our kids gave him a bbq basket w/ sauces & rubs a while back & I believe he used one of the rubs. Whatever he used, it was goooood - & as you know, the smoke gives a unique flavor that goes well beneath the surface.

Hope you had a lovely mother's day!!